Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And they're off!

I've already started obsessing about my trip abroad. Like any other fashion conscious girl, my main concerns are: what am I going to wear? Since this is a working holiday, I'll need to bring an assortment of separates that can be mixed and matched: a lot of black and gray with splashes of color added. Then of course, I'll need clothes for after work and weekends, when I'm just walking around enjoying the city. Things like jeans, skirts, fitted t shirts, cute sandals, etc. I already bought a pair of comfy sandals for walking. They're black so they should go with mostly everything. Then, there's clothes for church and going out. I think a sundress or two and some skirts will suffice for church. Jeans and cute tops will probably suffice for "club wear." Of course, I won't do any major clothes shopping unitl I'm satisfied with my body. I'm working out and desperately trying to watch what I eat with the hope of losing some pounds for the trip. Then, I'll go on a shopping spree right before I leave. I called a travel agency today just to get an idea of prices for the plane tickets. Right now, I'm looking at about $1160 dollars. I think if I see any price under of very close to $1000 I'll grab it. Prices aren't looking to good right now.

Besides an ISIC card I need to figure out what else I might need. Because money will be tight, I don't think I'll be able to gallyvant around Europe (tant pis) but I am planning to start in Paris, and spend the last days of my trip on the Riviera before leaving from Paris. Is there any big event going on in Europe that I simply must see? If so, leave me a comment.

Alright, gotta hit the books or there will be no summer!

No comments: