Thursday, October 25, 2007

French Ambition

Well, I'm trying to keep myself connected to the dream of living in Paris un jour. For me that entails French movies, music (Piaf, Aznavour), wine (cotes de Bergerac) and books. I've been reading Almost French since September. No, I'm not a slow reader. But with school, I can only read a chapter here and there. Hopefully, if the weather is still nice and crisp, I'll go to a park and read for a couple hours. I've already renewed the book 3 times so it must be read by early November!

Almost French is the story of an Aussie woman who meets a Frenchman in Prague and is intrigued by his, well, Frenchiness. She agrees to visit him in Paris and ends up moving there. I actually started reading this book in Paris outside of:



Shakespeare and Company. I desperately wanted to buy the book right then and there, but I was already on dangerous ground with my luggage situation. I couldn't afford to add an extra ounce to my already laden down self. So I just jotted down the name and author instead. The book is funny and interesting and I look forward to finishing it soon! LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should read "my french connection"
i want to move to paris too!
murderclues@hotmail.com~!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'm a french reader and i read several english speaking blogs in order to improve my english.
I don't think i can really help you to accomplish your dreams to live in Paris. But maybe i can help you to feel connected with it.
I mean, maybe we could communicate by msn messenger or ICQ or just email, so i can practice a little my english and try to improve it, while you can ask me whatever you want about life in France etc
Well, it could be nice. By reading some of your blog entries i think you seem to be a nice person.

Anyway, i hope you don't mind my writing mistakes and that i am understandable :)

My msn messenger:
phantommas "sur" hotmail "point" com