Sunday, June 24, 2007

Return to Normalcy

Well, things have settled down a little. I'm in the midst of packing as we speak. I'm doing laundry so my sheets and curtains will be clean when I come back home. I got my storage cell and picked up my keys, so I'm going to begin hauling my stuff there tomorrow. The public storage thing is new to me. It was a bit scary. My room is not that far from the entrance (thank goodness) but I have to go through a dark hallway to get to my room. It's dim and a bit dusty--not at all what I expected. But, I didn't see any bugs or anything. It looked clean. Still, I'll probably be wielding a can of bug spray anyway. Unfortunately, lots of friends are out of town, so I don't have anyone to help me tomorrow. I'm going to go in the daylight so I feel a little safer.

My apt looks so bare. But still in disarray. Ah well. It will look better tomorrow.

For the most part, my trip is in order. I need to print out boarding passes and hotel confirmations just for my own peace of mind. I need to make copies of my important documents as well. I still have a few leftover passport size photos just in case I need them.

I started packing my suitcase yesterday. I had been accumulating stuff for a while and it seemed like it was not a lot of stuff, but somehow, my suitcase is rebelling. It looks like I'm going to have to pack my shoes and toiletries in one suitcase and my clothes in my carry-on. Toiletries take up a lot of space (and weight a lot!). But, I suppose on the return journey, all that stuff will be used up so I should have more space on the way back. We'll see! Anyway, I'm gonna get back to packing. Might go to the movies later.