Monday, May 14, 2007

Odds and Ends

My apartment now has a corner where I'm starting to store the stuff I'm collecting for the trip.

I got a new suitcase:



It's a Bill Blass 24" that can expand about 3 more inches. Sort of a brown and cream houndstooth pattern that should still work with my black carry on. I got a patterened one for easy identification among the usual sea of black suitcases. I usually don't check luggage but I didn't think I could get away with just the small carry on for the summer. Although I will say, www.thefashionspot.com is inspiring me to use only a few base pieces of clothing and building different outfits from there.

Here's a neat travel set that I got at Walmart:


At only $6.88 it was a deal and it isn't some weird shape that won't fit properly in my suitcase. The print is very tropical, no?

Last week, I bought my plane tix so I am actually leaving. It's real now. I shelled out $900 bucks (which I'm told is a good deal). My subletter decieded that he was interested in signing a lease for my apartment for the whole year so it looks like I will be able to get my name officially off the lease for July and August. Don't get me wrong, I think my subletter is a great guy and seems upstanding, but I'd feel a lot better not worrying if the rent is actually being paid. Cross your fingers and toes that everyting goes through!

Oh, and I'm OFFICIALLY a member of expat-blogs! I'm so excited to be able to share this blog with a wider audience. Let me say it again: I LOVE comments. So please if you're reading, let me know. That site was where I got addicted to quite a few blogs of people who moved abroad. It got me thinking that, "hey, I could do it too!" I promise to try and post more regularly.

No comments: