Friday, May 4, 2007

Nice is nice.

I just booked a hotel in Nice for the end of my trip. It's been my dream for a couple years to lie on the beaches of the Mediterranean and I will finally have my chance! I'm staying at the Hotel Regeance which is just off the beach in Nice along the Place des Anglais. I'm staying in Nice because it's the central point to get to the rest of the Riviera. I'd like to take a day trip to Monaco and St. Tropez.

Every so often, I have to remind myself that this isn't a 2 month vacation. I will be working and I shouldn't forget that! I intend to enjoy ever moment of every day of those 8 weeks, but ultimately, I'm trying to make a good impression so I have a job in a few years after I finish school. Gosh, how cool would it be to actually be moving to Paris for good?

Since starting this blog, a lot has happened. I'm moving even closer to my dream. I don't even know if anyone reads this darn thing (since I rarely get comments) but I hope it's inspiring someone out there to really reach for the Moon. You can never be wrong for striving.

I hope to purchase my plane tix by early next week. I've been watching fares for a while, and they don't seem to be coming down. STA travel said they had a flight for $700 (?) a week or two ago. I hope they still have it. I'm usually choosy about what airline I fly on (I'm loyal to Delta and Air France for flights to Europe). But Delta has been high high high. I also heard Swiss Air is nice. Of course, I'll post details when I know more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi franco-fille! i read your blog now and again and wanted to wish you all the best in your euro aspirations! have a lovely trip.