Saturday, April 7, 2007

Bah Humbug

It's a terrible thing the realize half-way through your degree that you are in the wrong field. And there's nothing you can do to get out of it. The past 2 years of graduate school have been a mix of triumph and tragedy. I've really discovered who I am as a person and what I want out of life. I can almost reach out and touch the life that I want to have. Alas, the pathway that I've chosen to reach my goals seems to be pulling me farther away from them.

I guess I'm in a somewhat bad mood because it's April yet this morning when I got up to hit the gym, it was snowing. Now, it's not like I want to work out in the first place. But the weather certainly did not encourage my effort to be at the gym by 9am. Of course, I turned back into my apartment and had a smoothie for breakfast.

Now, I'm at the library blogging when I should be studying, wishing that I had the kind of career or was taking the kind of classes that didn't require me studying on a Saturday.

The only silver lining in this cloud is that all will be well come June. If I can make it to June, I will be okay.

No comments: