Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Random shot


Outside the Louvre (pronounced LOOV). The setting of The Davinci Code which I haven't read and alas cannot watch for personal reasons. I must say I was highly tempted to watch the DVD when I discovered that Audrey Tatou (of Amelie fame) was in the movie. Tatou is my French girl crush. . .well, she would be if I liked women.

Anyway, the Louvre is HUGE. I don't know why I thought I could see it all in a day. And I made a valiant attempt, foolish girl that I am. I did manage to see a good deal of it. But by the time I got to the level that has Mona Lisa where paintings cover every square inch of the corridor walls, I got light headed. And for an art-phile (did I make that up?) like myself, that's not an easy feat. Ah well. I saw all the major works and Napoleon's gorgeous apartments.

No comments: