Friday, May 16, 2008

Simply Vera



So I got this Simply Vera Wang skirt on sale at Kohl's and had the opportunity to wear it to a Junior League social. I really haven't purchased anything from her line, but I likes the ease of this skirt (silk material with an elastic back waist). It looks a lot better than in the photo (the bottom doesn't flare out like that).

It was a chilly evening so I wore it with a black turtleneck (a staple for me during the winter) and black rainboots. I felt chic and appropriate for the event. I'm a new member and lemme tell you, these ladies go all out! Everyone was really nice and I couldn't help checking out what the other ladies were wearing. I'm definitely going to have to step my game up.

I never did the sorority thing, and I look forward to having a more active social and volunteer life. I don't know what the organizations are like other areas of the country/world (I imagine it's a bit more stuffy in the Northeast and South--where you may need a sponsor to join!) but it's really laid back with lots of young women.

I'm really liking these two dresses as well:




Here's another dress I bought for another day as seen on The Bag Snob.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

Skirt is cute. Love the prints. Really gorgeous. Happy that skirt had a fun and philanthropic event to go to. :-)