Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mon Foulard (inspired by Une Femme)



I love scarves. Absolutely cuckoo for them. I think a lot of people my age think a silk scarf may be a little mature and pretentious. But I don't care. They add a touch of class and charm to my outfits. I would much rather wear a simple black turtleneck or white dress shirt or trench and jeans and dress it up with a scarf than wear the latest trendy monstrosity. Yesterday, I wore favorite scarf that I purchased in Switzerland for 20 francs. (I'm still yearning for the grand dame of scarves, Hermes. Un jour. . .)

I'm somewhat particular about what I like in terms of colors and prints: navy, beige, hunter and kelly green, equestrian themes, etc.

I also have a love affair with pashminas, but they are not all that weather appropriate now. So, I think I will just throw on my silk scarves when I feel bare.

4 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

You wear it well!

I am getting scarf happy these days too. I think as I get closer to France I get more excited about the opportunity to wear a scarf each day.

Oh, and Franco-fille, the Gap has a very light weight gauzy pashmina like scarf in great colours. It is a great weight for warmer weather.

The Franco Fille (francophile) said...

Thank you for the compliment! I will have to check out the Gap's selection. Thanks for the tip.

Susan B said...

That's a lovely foulard! It looks wonderful on you. (I share your love for the traditional and equestrian themes.)

The Franco Fille (francophile) said...

Thanks deja :)