Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Less Money, More Problems

Geneva is VERY expensive. Like 2-3 times as expensive as the States. I think, when I go back, everything will seem relatively cheaper. Hopefully, it won't turn me into big spender.

So far, I've been pretty good about watching my money here. I probably spend the most money on food. I paid 70 francs for a monthly travel pass. I paid my rent for July. I still have money in the bank. The hard part comes from wanting to travel. Living in Europe is a wonderful opprtunity to travel to other places in Europe. What I didn't know is you can get DEEPLY discounted train fares if you book 2+ months in advance. of course, I didn't know that I'd want to go to all these places and I didn't know who I'd meet until I got here and who I might travel with.

So, I'm kind of bummed that I can't explore Europe like I want. BUT, I keep telling myself that I will be back. With more money (hopefully a job) and more time to take weekend trips all over Europe. I should be grateful that I'm even here for 2 months in the first place!

That being said, I am planning one major trip (more about this later) and I'm ending my stay in the south of france. Other than that, it's day trips to Lyon, Annecy, Bern, Lausanne and other close destinations. I think I can deal with that. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy my train tix for my one "major" trip today. TODAY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your major trip sounds like fun! Where will you be going exactly?