Friday, June 8, 2007

Why am I such a procrastinator?

I have exactly 2 weeks until I roll out of the US and I haven't even begun to pack up my apartment. I need to put all my crap in storage because when I return to the US, I will be moving into a newer, better, shinier apartment. It's going to be a hassle though, because I won't have any furniture or anything when I return. And I'll probably be too exhausted to go furniture shopping on the day I come back. Shoot, I may just bum with friends for the night.

I'm also starting to think I may not need to bring two suitcases with me after all. Look, it's already June. The year is HALF OVER. My measly 2 months is going to go so quickly that I'll probably just overpack if I bring two suitcases. I'm starting to think it won't be necessary at all.

I bought a SIM card about a week ago (to go with my new quad band phone) and I have my new international number. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I purchased it from United Mobile after extensive (and I means months) of research on various travel forums. It seemed to have the best rates with free incoming calls and outgoing calls at a rate of 49 cents a minute. I liked the idea of having a phone as soon as I touched down. I didn't want to have to worry about going to a tabac to buy a phone card. So hopefully it will get here soon (since it's coming from the UK). If I combine the UM card with call back service, I can get rates to the US for as low as 14 cents a minute.

I think I'm gonna head to bed soon. I need to go to Home Depot and buy some boxes. I'm also going to trash the class notes I've been holding onto for 2+ years. I also have a trunk full of books that I don't need, but since I am a pack rat, I still have them. Gotta start whittling things down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salut! Nice to meet another soon-to-be assistant in France. I'll be in Nancy-Metz, have fun in Lyon, it's supposed to be fantastic. I look forward to reading your blog. Am also a Bergman fan too.