Saturday, January 6, 2007

New sneakers

I just got new sneakers. I'm not really a sneaker girl but I was looking for a new pair for working out (I'm starting my new year's fitness regimen tomorrow--eh hem, only 7 days late!).
I happened to be in Marshall's today, killing time and spotted these New Balances on the left for a mere $25 and the Avias on the right for a mere $19.99! The sneaker gods smiled on me because for someone who only wears sneakers to work out, I scoff at spending the 55 bucks the sneakers--on sale--cost. I ended up buying the second pair because I could see myself wearing these around town on my "off" days. Navy blue became my favorite color last year, and these NBs will looks good with jeans and sweats. The Avias are kinda blah, but who cares? They're for slaving away at the gym.

Today I submitted an application to adopt a cat. Sheesh, I feel like I'm adopting a child. I honestly don't know if I'm ready for it, but my friend who has a cat assures me they are self sufficient. I just feel like I need some life in my apartment. At first, I thought about getting a plant, but I have no window sills. Then I thought about fish, but I'm not a fish person really. They'd be merely for decoration, and I feel guilty about that. I'm a total dog person, but dogs require more time than I can give. So finally, I thought, what about a cat? I'm particular about what kind of cat I want (again, superficial reasons). But since I don't consider myself a cat person, I should get whatever cat that I will feel most comfortable with. I looked at a black cat and a gray cat today. I originally was going to look at the gray cat, but she was kind of frisky. (Maybe too much for a first time owner.) The black cat was very quiet and subdued. I basically put the names of both cats on the application and if I'm accepted, I guess I can make a decision then. I feel so grown up at the possibility of being responsible for another life! I'll (of course) update the blog when I know what the deal is. A tout a l'heure.

No comments: